So. What on earth do you have for breakfast when you’re not allowed sugar and have the capacity to eat the whole kitchen when you wake up? Oats, clearly. My recipe isn’t really the norm but it hits the spot at any time of day…
The addition of the cocoa nibs might not be up your street but seriously give it a go, they give such an unusual taste and texture!
- 5og oats. (lots. lots and lots.)
- 20g sultanas (the big sugar debate. if you are a true ‘sugar-free’ please omit these’
- 10g chopped nuts (texture)
- 15g cocoa nibs
- 1 tablespoon honey/maple syrup (NATURAL sugars)
- 150ml soya milk
- extra water – if you so wish
Yep. The way I like to approach this is to whack the whole lot in a bowl, add a decent amount of water and microwave for around 2 minutes.
I never took a picture of this when it was cooked. I ate it instead